Introduction: Surviving the Oregon Trail
Welcome and thank you for your interest in learning more about us and our new Christian home-school curriculum called Surviving the Oregon Trail. Surviving the Oregon Trail is all about our incredible American History, Geography and Survival Studies brought to you in fun hands-on activities, printed word-search puzzles, memorable stories, life-changing lessons and more!
We are a small home-school family located in the beautiful country of Red Oak, OK. We have been homeschooling for over 15 years now and are confident in our future years of homeschooling yet to come!
Surviving the Oregon Trail includes many members and amazing authors! Our founding family consists of…
Our Mission, Our Vision and Our Passion
Surviving the Oregon Trail began as our families growing interest in Biblical end time studies and current world events. Our growing desire to know more about end times in the Bible (throughout the Old and New Testament) gave us a hunger for history in comparison (as the Bible expresses that there is nothing new under the sun). And in learning history our awareness of current troubling events gave us an urgency to learn more, including survival strategies if we were ever to have to endure such hardships as our patriots before us have had to endure.
In pondering what our American Pioneers had to endure in their effort to cross the great unknown and “wild, wild west” we too may some day have to endure hardships, hunger and thirst, especially if we are caught unaware and by some unshakable “storm” (which could be a variety of mishaps including economic or natural disaster or God forbid, a family tragedy.
As God as our guide we look forward to sharing with you what we have learned through American History, Geography and Survival Skill studies in hopes that you and your family may benefit not only in learning and fun activities, but perhaps some of the knowledge you gain may help you survive a future struggle of your own someday.
We’ve been homeschooling for over 15 years now. Our homeschooling curriculum consists of a variety of applications including LifePac, Switched on Schoolhouse and our own personal studies including the Oregon Trail research, a daily reading hour and journal time.
2011 was our first taste of home-school co-op groups. We loved it and look forward to more friends and fellowship for years to come.
- Jesus Christ (Yeshua) is Lord and died on a cross for our sins, on the 3rd day He rose from the dead conquering death and the grave.
- The Old and New Testaments are the inspired and inerrant Word of God. Therefore, they are the authoritative rule of faith and daily conduct.
- The Godhead is eternally existent and is manifested as the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
- Man’s only hope of salvation is to repent and receive God’s forgiveness through Jesus Christ.
- We do not belong to any religious affiliation or grouping of any kind such as Baptist, Non-denominational, Pentecostal, Lutheran, etc. We lean more towards a Messianic faith and fellowship but there are many divisions in those denominations as well so we don’t necessarily title ourselves among any current groups. We do believe in keeping the Commandments of God which seems to be a very unpopular thing to do among most modern Christian churches as strange as that sounds. Most of all we hunger and thirst for God, for truth in this life and to be pleasing to Him always.
Seek the Lord while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near.
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I have sworn and confirmed that I will keep Your righteous judgments.
He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
“Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
“But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”
That which has been is what will be, That which is done is what will be done,
And there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there anything of which it may be said, “See, this is new”? It has already been in ancient times before us.
So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them.
They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”